AKA, as an innovative provider of flexible-stay residences, recognizes the vital role that our business can play in the stewardship of our natural resources. AKA pledges to continually improve its performance in support of sustainability, resource and energy conservation, waste reduction, and the health of our environment, recognizing that a healthy ecosystem supports the well-being of us all.
AKA management and staff commit ourselves to act in an environmentally responsible way consistent with our goals as a company, and we invite our residents, partners, and suppliers to join us in our efforts to secure a greener future.
AKA’s green-friendly business practices include:
- Membership and support of Green Associations: US Green Building Council and Green Hotels Association.
- Participating in the national demand-response program by voluntarily reducing our energy consumption during peak hours.
- Reducing energy consumption with smart-energy technologies such as Telkonet.
- Commitment to purchase a portion of our electric from sustainable sources such as wind and solar.
- Participating in local recycling programs and providing recycling containers in all our eco-friendly apartments and public spaces.
- Utilizing eco-friendly cleaning products and limiting the use of paper products in housekeeping and maintenance of our buildings.
- Using energy-efficient light bulbs such as compact fluorescent lights.
- Properly recycling all our fluorescent lights.
- Promoting eco-friendly initiatives with our staff, strategic partners and suppliers.
- Using energy-star appliances in our apartments and energy saving computer equipment in our offices and business centers.
- Conserving water through the use of flow-restricting water fixtures.
- Encouraging paper-free business transactions and communications including online marketing and email invoicing.
- Encouraging our staff to travel and commute together by car, and use public transportation whenever possible.
- Reusing shipping materials.
- Integrating green practices into our business expansion and growth plans.
- Educate staff on our green policy and instill environmental responsibility as a corporate value.