Human Resources Manager
AKA Hotels + Hotel Residences is a part of Korman Communities, a family owned and operated company, we consider our Team Members the most important asset. With over 100 years of history and experience behind us we’re always looking for Team Members ready to join our family.
World's Best Hotel Residences AKA continues to grow and is seeking a Human Resources Manager for a new luxury property in Boston.
Assists with the overall management and administration of the human resources function. Specific responsibilities include hiring; colleague/labor relations issues and investigations, wage and salary administration, training and development, worker’s compensation and safety and the implementation of policies and programs as directed by the corporate offices.
- Interview and assess candidates based on needs defined by department hiring managers. Attend recruitment functions such as job fairs, career days, and other events to source candidates. Communicate to recruiters and hiring managers as appropriate.
- Manage and supervise the day-to-day HR Department operation. Communicate all applicable HR processes to managers and hotel staff relating to, but not limited to labor, contract compliance, disciplinary procedures, recruitment, orientation, staff relations, benefits, performance reviews, employment verifications and other HR related processes. Counsels and/or disciplines colleagues as needed, through clear, calm and direct oral and written communications, in accordance with the guidelines established by the hotel.
- Supervises departmental and hotel staff regarding all issues relating to worker's compensation to endure minimum exposure by the hotel to related expenses.
- Assists in or prepares periodic reports relating to the Human Resources function (e.g. EEO, labor turnover, payroll analysis, operational budget) through the use of a moderately complex computer system and written reports.
- Attend any and all required meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four year college degree preferred
- Minimum of two years previous Human Resources management experience required. Previous hospitality experience preferred.
- Previous experience utilizing HRIS systems.
To learn more about this exciting position, please email email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.